Now Accepting Applications!
SCHOOLS CAN’T DO IT ALONE – YOU CAN HELP!!
In Washington 1 in 5 high school students do not graduate on time. Make a difference in a young person’s life while developing professional skills and making an impact through national service.
WHAT AMERICORPS MEMBERS DO
As critical parts of our school-site teams, AmeriCorps members will serve primarily at an elementary, middle or high school site. Members receive a modest stipend to do important community service work throughout the country. Our members address the academic, social and emotional needs of students who are at risk of dropping out of school members, in partnership with CISL Site Coordinator staff, by providing 1:1 case management; group and school-wide supports; and coordinate with community partners, volunteers and resources necessary.
TERM: Full time (40 hours/week) for 10.5 months (August 16, 2019 – June 30, 2020) for a total of 1700 Service Hours. Can be flexible with start/ends dates as needed.
LOCATION: At local school-sites in Clover Park School District in Lakewood, WA
· Elementary AmeriCorps Member at Tillicum and Four Heroes
· Middle School AmeriCorps Member at Lochburn
· High School AmeriCorps Member at Clover Park
STIPEND: $14,150 Annual Living Allowance + $6095 Education Award at end of term
BENEFITS: Health insurance, student loan deferment, subsidized childcare (if qualified), experience in youth development, school/education and non-profit setting
How to Apply
NEXT STEPS: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PRIORITY DEADLINE IS JULY 31, 2019.
- Get started by completing our short Interest Form: https://forms.gle/JXPvmckW5Fqo133a9
- Then, applicants must complete full application online: https://tinyurl.com/19-20AmeriCorps
- Learn more about Communities In Schools, Lakewood and the Clover Park School District